Thursday 9 August 2007

Poetry

We all need someone to look up to,
We get inspired by the things they do,
We don't all get the chance to meet them,
But when they speak we always listen,
Lets do good things like they do,
Make the world brighter for me 'n' you.
It's Amazing how people make us feel,
Like the ones who like to keep it real,
With what they do & the way they say,
Should make you improve in your own way.
(18 Oct 2007)
Diving is like flying,
the feeling of suspension,
But mention sharks 'n' it gets their attention,
I miss Harry, my hairy Hawksbill turtle,
He's really cute but not as big as Mertle,
Most of the fish were bright in colour,
Compared to here they all seem fuller,
Being admired by so many divers,
No wonder some of them were real Divas!
(17 Oct 2007)
It's that time of year leaves will fall,
Start to wrap up so you don't get ill,
Colours turn from bright to brown,
Wind gets strong ' n' might knock you down,
One thing good is coming soon,
To take away our winter blue,
Christmas time, spend with the family,
Lots of laughter and drinking merrily!
(17 Oct 2007)
I know where my Angel is,
So innocent like little kids,
Always with me when I need,
Support me as my heart bleed,
My strength as I look at her,
Knowing she'll always be there,
I have respect for her, theres so much,
Theres something great about her Touch.
(17 Oct 2007)
For the creatures in the night,
There to give us a fright,
The fear of being in the dark, alone & attacked,
I fear more the girl who stabs you in your back.
(17 Oct 2007)
I started to draw when I was young,
Did you study at college, asks everyone,
My great grandfather sketched in the war,
So I have a gift to Thank him for,
In the trenches, plenty coal around,
Somethings run in the family is what I found,
It's a way to relax and to create,
Being successful, that's up to fate.
(16 Oct 2007)
The cool whistle in the winds,
The love that x-mas always brings,
With lots of carol songs to sing,
Family making the doorbell ring,
Lots of gifts to un-ravel,
Hoping snow covers the gravel,
The tree covered in twinckle lights,
Going in early on these cold nights,
Sitting by a warm fire, telling stories,
A shiver down the spine by the breeze.
(16 Oct 2007)
Australia is such a lovely place,
My fun memories will never erase,
The Barrier Reef, working at sea with CDC,
It's as beautifull as everyone said it will be,
Harry my hawksbill turtle was a friend,
I will go to Millin Reef to see him again.
(16 Oct 2007)
If you think your mad then so am I,
To work here you must wonder why,
With the same old, going round 'n' round,
It makes you insane hearin' your own sound,
Like trying to run up a B@##y big hill,
The energy ain't there 'n' neithers the will,
So let's hope our crazy makes time fly,
Or pretend to act normal, well, give it a try.
(16 Oct 2007)
I'm glad today I'm feeling better,
It's ashame outside it gettin' wetter,
If I'm not careful I could fall ill,
If I'm off sick I can't pay my rent bill,
So with this in mind,I hope the sun will shine.
(16 Oct 2007)
Riddle me that, Riddle me this,
I hate feeling like S@#t,
I know I shouldn't drink so much,
Or to sleep through Breakfast 'n' Lunch,
Why do we do it? knowing the result,
Making us wanna grind to a hult.
(15 Oct 2007)
Riddle me this, Riddle me that,
I feel real lazy like a fat cat,
I think it's because it's Friday,
Knowing the weekend is time to play,
So I'm going to work hard, really try,
To make sure that the day flies by.
(12 Oct 2007)
For all the times I lie awake,
Thinking of sweets and cake,
Knowing where on me it sits,
Just the thought makes me quit,
I don't want to hang out of clothes,
While looking at models striking a pose,
I don't want to be skinny, just look good,
But still enjoy my favourate food.
(3 Oct 2007)
BASEBALL:
In their white jerseys ready to play,
Coach says we can win the game,
Cap on, ball and glove in hands,
Mexican wave moving the stands,
Commentator on the edge of his seat,
Plenty to watch and plenty to eat,
Ready stance and bat held high,
Love for the game in his eye,
Pitcher throws, its a miss,
its part if the game, it really is,
Another throw, ball hits bat,
In seconds he touches the home mat.
The crowd go wild, cheer for their team,
The fans know its the place to be,
So here's to all teams at MBL,
Good Luck we wish you well.
(20 Sept 2007)
FOR 9/11:
This is a day to remember,
It's the 11th of September,
So many lives lost,
How much Terrorism cost?
My thoughts are with you,
Passengers on planes that flew,
The twin towers that stood and fell,
To the nations feeling unwell,
But we are still here,
Not to foget,
Your message is clear,
Our pride in you is set.
(11 Sept 2007)
Passion corsing through our veins,
Bright red love that makes stains,
Some sit and wonder where's my soulmate,
Stop the heartache and go for a date,
Go meet the [wo]man of your dreams,
Don't hide behind a barrier, let 'em see,
Put on your best, look like a star,
Show them who you truely are.
(31Aug2007)
I'm falling,I don't know where to land,
No one calling,I don't know who I am,
Can you see me?I'm sitting right here,
Silence from everybody,Is anyone there?
I'm screaming but there's no sound,
I can't stop spinning, round and around,
It's cold, I can't feel my fingers,
This feeling just seems to linger,
I need a 'get up and go',
But I have yet to figure how,
Don't worry, I'll be alright,
I'll fight it with all my might,
I'm one of the good guys,
But no one knows,
A clipped bird looking to the skies,
This is just me, Just Jo.
(29Aug 2007)
What is this feeling, I can't even figure,
I can't stop bouncing, I feel like Tigger,
You can't even wipe the smile off my face,
The world seems brighter, I've found my place,
With the night air so clear,
And the bright full moon shine,
I now feel less fear,
As I look in his eyes,Someone pinch me,
he's too good to be true,This gentleman likes me,
I'm not sure what to do,I smile at him and he smiles back,
I'm not sure what to say or how to act,
We hold hands and talk while hours pass,
It's going so good, How long will it last,
Not that I want it to end,
But there's not many I call friend,
Ok, I'll just enjoy it as it comes,
And in time he maybe the one.
(28Aug 2007)
Every time my head makes a rhyme,
It's a feeling of a meaning at that time,
My heart is honest,I want to do the right thing,
I'm just one tree in a forest,With so much love to bring.
How do you feel when you do a good deed?
Its a start of good things, like planting a seed,
You know the saying What goes around?
Pay it forward, like a sonar sound,
Life, We make it what it is,
Lets be good for all our kids,
Put the guns down and give 'em hugs,
Put the hoods down, no more thugs,
We all need someone to care about us,
We all feel good when they make a fuss,
For some, in the darkness, all alone,
No comfort, no fuss and no home,
No-one wants to be that nobody,
Look at the loner and see a somebody,
People live in their little world,
They don't look left or right,
See past each word,The real world is not so bright,
Lets do something about it then,
Start next door and get them smiling again.
(27Aug 2007)
Life's Battle, This is for all those in need:
I feel like i'm in a cell and I can't get out,
Livin' same job, same car, same house,
My heart is aching, i'm not helping enough,
I know there are children out there livin' rough,
I have not much money myself,
So how can I help anyone else?
My heart is in their hand,
I hope they forgive me and understand,
I'm 25 and still livin' at home,
I wish I had a place of my own,
But what about all of them who have no one, their all alone?
My frustration builds the more I think,
I'm loosing hope and starting to sink,
I think of those people in pain and I feel sorrow,
Some will survive and some won't see tomorrow,
It makes my life's worries look silly,
I want to take action and not just feel pitty.
(23Aug 2007)
They have fallen from our graces,
The world puttin' 'em through their paces,
Hunger eating them alive,
Spreading the 3rd world like Wildfire,
We drive our cars, we don't even think,
That they walk for miles just for a drink,
Don't sit on your couch,
When you can help them out,
I hope these words touch your heart,
Don't ignore 'em, Don't let 'em starve.
(20Aug 2007)
UNICEF - our tool to do some good:
Help others as much as you can,
The kinder you are, the better the [wo]man,
Poverty needs to disappear,
So many kids livin' in fear,
Follow their work along with their passion,
Make charity do's more important than fashion.
Make a home run for the family with no home,
Make an orphan never feel so alone,
Reach in your pockets and help 'em out,
Thats what the world should be about.
(19Aug 2007)
Dear Johanna,
For all that you have been through,
I wish there was something I could do,
Its hard to loose someone you love,
Just think their watching from above,
They'll never leave our side,
Until the time comes for us to die,
Then we will see them again,
Where we will feel no more pain,
Their loss is only for a while,
Thinking of them should make us smile.
(19Aug 2007)
Children can surprise you in funny ways,
A Touch t-shirt to take to the games,
It's their way to say 'I love you mom',
So go to that game and have some fun!
(19Aug 2007)
All that I am, All that I see,
I believe in the Powers that be,
I'll do what I can, wherever I go,
My hearts in the right place, so that you know,
Ours gifts are found in what we do,
Do something good 'n' it'll happen to you,
Show me what i'm meant to be,
What you say is my destiny.
(19 Aug 2007)
Mothers are our guides, showing the way,
They're there for us with each day,
From loving hugs to playing a game,
Life without them is never the same,
So on this day don't do a thing,
It's our turn mom to return what you bring,
Love in our life and strength in our heart,
This strong friendship will never part.
(17Aug 2007)
Here I am, honest and true,
A smile on my face even when i'm blue,
I'll help anyone as much as I can,
I have respect for everyone,
I'm their fan.
(6 Aug 2007)

No comments: