Wednesday 8 August 2007

A Little about me

This was me and my twin sister last year in Mallorca on a quick get-away for our birthday. My twin is my best friend, she has stood by me through alot of tough times and believe it or not we have only ever had one 'cat fight', I would do anything for her. People do ask: 1)Can you sense each others pain? Well there have been cases when we have but I think I put it down to how close we are. 2)Whats it like to be a twin? I say, I don't know, I haven't been anything else. 3) Do you dress the same? We have our own style but I sometimes borrow stuff from her closet, come to think of it sometimes we borrow stuff from our mums too.
This was me when i was about 18, i got a modeling portfolio done but unfortunately someone i know has run off with it and the studio I got it done at had a fire so the negatives are lost, I took that as a bad omen and never pursued it.
This is me at my one of my brothers wedding , Sept 2004. You know when you get an invitation and have to reply to let them know if you are going to bring a guest?....well I don't mind being a strong single woman on day-to-day basis but on these ocassions I always feel obviously alone, notice i'm still smiling though, it was a beautiful day.
I wanted you to know that my sketches are a way that I can express how I feel, where I currently work, they don't even know my name and don't notice me even though I had been sitting there for 8 hours, ok enough of me dwelling on myself.
I love writing stories, they are literally my dreams that have a tendancy to last a week at a time so I take this opportuntity to write them down, unfortunately for me, my English Literature is not my strong point.
I love diving so much that thanks for my cousin's husband and his company I became a DiveMaster and headed off to Australia and became a Diving Instructor, the weird part is I love being under water but I hate being on the surface, that's when I have a fear of drowning. go figure.
I love singing, call me a kareoke queen but i'll sing anywhere, car, shower or the nearest bar. I took a singing course once but there weren't enough people to continue for the next course and I couldn't afford private hire so I keep that as a hobbie.
I love Tae Kwon Do, I found it a great form of exercise and in this day and age its good to know a little self-defense, yet again due to lack of money I have had to put it on hold and do sit-ups before going to bed and going for walks instead to keep up the exercise.
A good balance I found with Tea Kwon Do was being a volunteer for St John Ambulance, attending Brighton & Hove football (soccer) matches when they played at home, also every Chinese New Year I would help at the Hove town Hall where they would have a show for the Chinese community as a first aider.
I love ice-skating, I feel a sense of freedom when i'm on the ice, weird part is that I don't normally like the cold.
I Love to travel, who doesn't? My favourate place is Los Angeles, i've been there about 8 times now and i've been going since I was 12, i'm now 25. I guess it's because of all the movies made there but its the small studios that I like looking for, i'm facinated in the behind-the-scenes stuff and how its all put together. Bloopers are the best part (all the takes they get wrong, which actors have usually cracked up laughing at something!!!).Mum and Jem in Barmuda.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo, following is a message from Amanda following the picture of Richard Branson you left for her.

Hi Jo,

Thanks so much for the drawing. You're quite an artist. Hope you had a great time travelling.

AW